There are 156 owner complaints spread out over 6 years, but the most belong to the 1998.
This generation ranks 6th in reliability out of 17 overall Jeep generations.
This generation has been recalled 70 times. It's also part of 131 investigations and has 393 TSBs.
- engine engine stalls/shuts down while driving in the 1998 Grand Cherokee at 146429 miles
- engine engine stalls/dies while driving in the 1996 Grand Cherokee at 184167 miles
- AC / heater failed air conditioning, leaking evaporator in the 1996 Grand Cherokee at 74650 miles
- drivetrain differential failed in the 1996 Grand Cherokee at 46000 miles
- engine engine stalls/shuts off while driving in the 1997 Grand Cherokee at 162375 miles
- engine engine light comes on, gasoline smell in the 1994 Grand Cherokee at 111500 miles