There are 451 owner complaints spread out over 6 years, but the most belong to the 2004.
This generation ranks 10th in reliability out of 17 overall Jeep generations.
This generation has been recalled 75 times. It's also part of 152 investigations and has 494 TSBs.
- engine engine stalls/shuts down while driving in the 1999 Grand Cherokee at 158953 miles
- windows / windshield power window motor failed, won't stay up in the 2002 Grand Cherokee at 94437 miles
- engine knocking noise, cracked piston in the 2001 Grand Cherokee at 99000 miles
- engine engine failed in the 2002 Grand Cherokee at 120066 miles
- windows / windshield windows quit working in the 2004 Grand Cherokee at 107419 miles
- drivetrain excessive noise from rear end in the 1999 Grand Cherokee at 89100 miles