There are 424 owner complaints spread out over 6 years, but the most belong to the 2005.
This generation ranks 11th in reliability out of 17 overall Jeep generations.
This generation has been recalled 40 times. It's also part of 11 investigations and has 192 TSBs.
- engine electronic throttle control and engine check lights on in the 2008 Grand Cherokee at 89473 miles
- engine engine failure in the 2006 Grand Cherokee at 81188 miles
- electrical car randomly won't start in the 2010 Grand Cherokee at 66004 miles
- transmission transmission failure in the 2006 Grand Cherokee at 93839 miles
- engine blown engine in the 2007 Grand Cherokee at 113095 miles
- engine engine stalls/dies while driving in the 2005 Grand Cherokee at 85303 miles