There are 1602 owner complaints spread out over 7 years, but the most belong to the 2011.
This generation ranks 17th in reliability out of 17 overall Jeep generations.
This generation has been recalled 47 times. It's also part of 80 investigations and has 325 TSBs.
- electrical TIPM going bad, engine won't start or hard to start in the 2011 Grand Cherokee at 51681 miles
- transmission electronic shifting unreliable in the 2015 Grand Cherokee at 5935 miles
- accessories - interior leather dashboard is bubbling/wrinkling up in the 2011 Grand Cherokee at 56226 miles
- engine engine stalls/shuts down while driving in the 2011 Grand Cherokee at 61488 miles
- transmission shifting problems in the 2014 Grand Cherokee at 8525 miles
- electrical TIPM faulty in the 2012 Grand Cherokee at 53452 miles