TRW Crash Sensor Defect
There's growing concern that some sort of electrical overstress is messing with airbag control units (ACU) in the Fiat 500.Continue reading article "TRW Crash Sensor Defect"
Jeep Vehicles with Recalled Takata Airbags
Parts supplier, Takata, manufactured defective, shrapnel-hurling airbag inflators that need to be recalled. The issue affects 37 million+ vehicles spread out across 24 brands, making it one of the largest (and most dangerous) recalls in aut…Continue reading article "Jeep Vehicles with Recalled Takata Airbags"
Where Airbags And Seat Belts Complaints Happen
Sometimes it helps just to tally up the complaints and see where the biggest stacks are. Use this information to learn about troublespots or to run for the hills.
- airbag light on in the 2012 Liberty
- seat beat will not retract in the 2014 Grand Cherokee
- seat belts not latching, fasten seat belt indicator staying on in the 2006 Grand Cherokee
- air bag light on in the 2008 Wrangler
- active head restrain deploys unexpectedly in the 2014 Grand Cherokee
- air bags failed to deploy in accident in the 2014 Grand Cherokee
- air bag light comes on randomly in the 2010 Wrangler
Is that a light at the end of the Takata recall tunnel?
Fiat-Chrysler (FCA) says they’ve entered the _ fourth and final stage_ by recalling 1.6 million passenger-side inflators.
The bulk of the vehicles are in the US and include the 2010-2016 Jeep Wrangler.…keep reading article "FCA Recalls 1.6 Million Takata Inflators in 'Fourth and Final Stage'"
Just when you thought the Takata nightmare was over, they pull you back in.keep reading article "More Wranglers Included in the Latest Round of Takata Recalls"