What Owners Complain About
Sometimes it helps just to tally up the complaints and see where the biggest stacks are. Use this information to learn about troublespots or to run for the hills.
- 2011 Grand Cherokee TIPM going bad, engine won't start or hard to start 221 (100%)
- 2011 Grand Cherokee leather dashboard is bubbling/wrinkling up 80 (36%)
- 2014 Grand Cherokee shifting problems 70 (32%)
- 2011 Grand Cherokee engine stalls/shuts down while driving 63 (29%)
- 2012 Grand Cherokee TIPM faulty 38 (17%)
What Grand Cherokee Owners Say About This Generation
Leather dash started bubbling 2 years after purchasing new, dealer would not do anything because it was not severe enough and I was told the same thing by two different Jeep dealers several times over the next couple years. It continued to get worse and is now beginning to cause air flow issues with defroster.
I'm simply another Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland owner with this same leather dashboard problem. Purchased vehicle used (no sign of problem at that time), once issue occurred, Jeep dealer I had servicing vehicle suggested contacting Customer Care...which proved worthless since vehicle was out of warranty period (should be renamed Customer CareLESS)
Wipers won't turn off, no turn signals, no horn ... It's sad that a car company knows there is a problem and will take care of the issue. That is the world we live in. It's all about them. Hell with the customer. They don't care about the customer or [their] safety.